Erasmus + project - Strategic Partnerships for Youth ,,Developing an Innovative Tool in Youth Work for Teen Parents”
In February 2020 Asociation Minties Bitės (MB) started coordination and implementation the Erasmus + project - Strategic Partnerships for Youth ,,Developing an Innovative Tool in Youth Work for Teen Parents”. Project No – 2019-3-LT02-KA205-006638.
Project acronym – Tool4Teen.
The project is being funded by Erasmus+ program and European Social Fund.
The project started on 01-02-2020 and will end on 31-01-2022.
Project coordinator – Association MINTIES BITĖS (Lithuania) and partners from: WYZSZA SZKOLA BIZNESU I NAUK O ZDROWIU (Poland), FUTURE IN PERSPECTIVE LIMITED (Ireland), WILLINGNESS (Malta), THE CENTRE OF EXPERTISE ON SOCIAL WELFARE IN SOUTH-EAST (Finland) will collaborate within the project. The aspect in selecting partners was their experience in carrying out European projects and geographical coverage.
The main objectives of the project are as follows:
improve the quality of youth learning; offer to youth workers an informal Learning / teaching / training material – Toolkit ,,Teen Parents COMIC STRIP Integration Road Map” to help them in their role as providers of non-formal learning opportunities to different targets; give youth workers an easy tool to be exploited in their daily work; empower youth workers and teen parents; offer them flexible, updated, easy tailored made instruments.
The following results are expected to be attained upon completion of the project:
- improved access for teen parents, versatility and social integration through new innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses;
- improved understanding of youth worker’s priorities at European level by civil society actors/professionals working with teen parents;
- increased confidence among teen parents to use their individual strengths, abilities and qualities for their social integration in general;
- increased attitudes of responsibility, independence and resourcefulness among teen parents.
empowered teen parents to use positive parenting methods.
- improved self-esteem of teen parents and empowered participation cultures in their integration path way, thus overcoming prejudices and stereotypes.